This salmon kebab recipe is yet another of my quick, easy and healthy recipes. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this dish. A highly nutritious recipe, this is also a versatile dish- it can be had as a starter or you can make it a wholesome meal by cooking some flavored rice to go with it. What more, you don’t even need a grill or a single drop of oil to cook these healthy baked salmon kababs!
As we all know, salmon is one of the super foods with numerous health benefits. Salmon has a great flavor on its own, so it needs minimal seasoning which makes it even easier to cook these baked salmon kababs.
Recipe for baked salmon kababs
(to serve 4 as an appetizer)
- salmon fillet – 800 gm
- onions – 2, cubed
- red pepper – 1, cubed
- green pepper – 1, cubed
- ginger paste – 1 tsp
- garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Greek yogurt – 2 tbsp
- lemon juice – 2 tsp
- chili powder – 1 tsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
- saffron – a few strands
- Soak around 8-10 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Clean the salmon fillet and cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Add the cubed vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the marinade to the salmon and the vegetables and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 100°C.
- Thread the salmon with the vegetables onto the skewers as shown.
- Arrange the skewers on the tray and place in the oven. (remember to line the tray with baking sheet to catch the drippings so that cleaning up becomes easier!)
- Bake at 100°C for 15 minutes. Check for doneness using a fork to push through the flesh. The salmon kabab should still be pink but should flake easily.
- Enjoy your silky smooth baked salmon kababs!
- The ginger, garlic and chili powder can be replaced with chili flakes, dried rosemary and basil for a baked salmon kebab recipe with an Italian twist.
Pin this recipe:
Do try this recipe and share your views in the comments section below.